Your application and everything you need to deploy
Package your application artifact, client tools, configuration and deployment logic together as a versioned bundle that you can distribute, and then install with a single command
What is Porter?
Take everything you need to do a deployment, the application itself and the entire process to deploy it: command-line tools, configuration files, secrets, and bash scripts to glue it all together. Package that into a versioned bundle distributed over standard Docker registries or plain tgz files.
Now anyone can install your application without deep knowledge of your deployment process, or following a step-by-step deployment doc, regardless of the tech stack.
- Single command to find and deploy any application, regardless of the tech stack. No knowledge of the deployment process necessary.
- Secure handling of secrets and credentials, integrated with industry standard secret stores.
- Share the operational load of managing your team's deployments.
- Works with and improves existing tools, such as bash, cloud CLIs, terraform and helm. You don't rewrite your existing deployments to start using Porter.
- Reliable deployments because the client environment: cli versions, installed commands, configuration... is dependable and consistent.
Credentials and Secrets 🔐
Parameterized Bundles 👩🏽🔬🧬
Connect Action Inputs and Outputs🧩
Contribute a Mixin
Porter is a cloud-agnostic tool that can work anywhere and with any tool, but in order to have great support for these clouds and tools, custom-made mixins are best.
Do you know tools we don't have custom mixins for yet?
Looking for ideas and copy/pasta?
Join the Community
More information about the Porter project, and how to contribute.